Friday, October 23, 2009

Announcing our second baby!

As most of you now know, I'm now 7 weeks pregnant! I wanted to wait to tell you all in fear I might miscarry as before. The doctor assured me I was out of the woods, and although there is always the chance of miscarriage, my chances now are less than 5%. So I was more than happy to share the news with you all (if you didn't know until you read this, SURPRISE!). The baby is due June 10th 2010, the birthstone is pearl, and the flower is rose, sounds like the perfect combination for a girl. *we hope!* We wont find out the gender probably until Christmas time or shortly after. Also thanks to my very best friend Chelsea, I will actually be having a baby shower back home in CA in Feb. or March! I was so flattered that she wanted to do it, I never had a shower before. Yay! I hope you all will be able to attend. We are so excited about this whole thing, we have wanted a second child for some time now.

Chris is on the last phase of his medical hold stuff, which means we could be moving back to CA within the next six months. That of course, could always change, but things are definitely now coming to a close. They for sure diagnosed him with Idiopathic Hypersomulence, and the doctor recommended him to be medically discharged. We are now waiting on the Navy to process what that means to us, and tell us what kind of discharge he will be getting. There are three different types:
Medical Discharge- Typically comes with disability, retirement, and full medical for the family for $40.00 a month.
Medical Separation-Typically comes with disability, severance pay *A chunk of money because they are having him get out before he can complete his entire service*.
Admin Separation-Means the Navy determines that he's fit for duty physically but has some other medical probably that makes him un-deployable. People who get Admin Separation do not get any disability from the Navy but are sometimes eligible through the VA.
All are honorable discharges, so we will hopefully soon find out which one they are going to do for Chris.

Jonathan is doing really good, he knows all his letters A-Z, can count to 20, and says SOO much these days. We are taking him trick or treating for the first time this Halloween and he's going as a dragon. I will post pictures of it after the event, and tell you all how it went! Well that's all from us for the moment. Miss, and Love you all!

No comments: