Wednesday, April 21, 2010

We are blessed

It’s been 2 years since we started trying to have another child. Shortly after Jonathan's first birthday, we had our first attempt. Four times we have gone through loss, and we were getting to the point where we were pretty sure we may never have another child. After I lost the last baby in November, I was ready to quit. I didn’t want to put my family or myself through any more pain, or anymore disappointment. Maybe I was forcing my will for something, when God might have had other plans for us. So I prayed to the Lord for an answer, if His will was for us to have another child, I prayed He would show us that, if it was to never be, He would make that clear.
A few weeks later Chris comes up to me and tells me he wants to start trying again. That may not seem like much of a big deal to any of you, but for us, it was. All the other times I had gotten pregnant, he had agreed to my wanting to try but he hadn’t really been the instigator for fear of me losing another and it ending in tragedy. When I lost the one in November he had agreed with me that we should quit, and maybe consider adoption. So to hear him say in Jan. that he wanted to start trying again, I immediately asked him why? His response was he had a change of heart and really felt that it was the right thing for us to do. Sure, I was hesitant, but the fact that I had prayed for an answer and my husband’s heart was changed, the two couldn’t be ignored. I was expectant that God would be giving me the answer I was looking for, either this one would show me we wouldn’t have any other kids of our own, or it would show me that we would. I had no idea which way it would go.
Three very timid months later, I can happily tell you all that we are going to have another baby. Not only did I get pregnant, but I kept it, and now past the threshold of miscarriage we can be excited. We heard the heartbeat on Monday, the day I turned 12 weeks, and it was 164! The ultrasound looked perfect, and the baby is doing great, my tummy has even grown quite a bit. Chris and I are so happy, and although we had so much we went through, we are very grateful that we have been blessed with another child. The baby is due October 31st, 2010, although since Jonathan was early, it’s more than fair to assume this one will be as well. We both want this one to be a girl, and this could very well be the last pregnancy should we obtain that goal.
We both hope to be back in California by the time this one is born, but only God knows for sure what the future holds, and I know His timing is perfect. We have not heard anything new about Chris’ med board.
Now we have doctor appointments like crazy, I’m trying to find a preschool for Jonathan because he looked straight at me and told me “mom, I want to go play, with kids”, Chris gets his AA next month and starts schooling for his bachelors soon, and I’m trying to finally get into a program that trains you to have an at home job doing medical transcription. Needless to say we have been very busy bee’s. I should have more updates coming soon, at least sooner than this one was to the last one. Our love to you all! Heres a few pictures for now I pulled off the camera, we have more but we dont know what happened to them. Hopefully we find them!




Jonathan's 3rd Birthday cake we made



Easter Outfit



No comments: