Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Time goes by quickly

I can’t believe I've been pregnant for 100 days already. I swear my last pregnancy was a heck of a lot slower, I felt like it was an eternity from when I found out I was pregnant to this point.
Last time, at this point I had an abruption of my uterus, and the Navy not knowing what they were doing, couldn’t figure out what was wrong. Thankfully Jonathan went to term, but that was a very scary moment for us. I remember it was a Sunday, everything that ever went wrong with my pregnancy with him happened on a Sunday. My water even broke on a Sunday. Haha
This time has been uneventful, except for some issues with hydration, I've been doing great. It surprises me considering last time, anytime I blinked I ended up in the hospital. It’s nice not to have that happening as of right now. I've been feeling good mostly, some pain and cramps of stretching of my tummy, and really weird dreams while I sleep that make me wake up and wonder about myself.
My next doctor’s appointment is in two weeks, and then I get to schedule my ultrasound to find out what the sex is! We are so excited for this. The heartbeat keeps being over 160 which is typically an indicator of a girl; boy’s heartbeats are slower in the womb than a girl's. I'll defiantly be posting the images and letting you all know what it is, as soon as we do.
Chris is doing alright, unfourtunatly his sleeping disorder seems to be getting worse, as now he's falling asleep doing active activities. I never thought I would see the day when he falls asleep playing the computer or working out. We hope it’s not a downward progression; it’s possible it could be a phase, but only time will tell. It’s been awhile since he's seen the doctor, so we should be going to see him soon.
He's waiting on the college to give him his AA now; he finished his last class finally. It’s good he got that done, the GI bill will only carry him four years so it’s nice to be able to get a masters degree that way than just a bachelor’s degree. He's still working the same schedule at the same place; he is going to be trying to move to do a different job, if they have any openings.
Jonathan is doing well; he's starting to wonder why everyone we see in California we can’t go see all the time. I tried showing him a map and explaining to him how far away everyone is, but then he just cries. He likes you all very much and he would rather be there than here, I think we all feel that way. All he has to do is see an airplane and he starts asking about everyone and asking if we are going on an airplane. I think he'll be happier when I find him a preschool that meets for a few hours in the afternoon, but that's been challenging. Most of the ones here start before we could get him there, and end early. Since Chris works behind a secure area and we can’t share the car like we used to be able to, we are at the mercy of when he gets off work which is closer to 4 when it used to be closer to 2. Maybe if he gets a different job at a place that isn’t behind the secure area, we can start sharing the car again. (I hope, I miss being able to go out when he's at work)
We are getting new neighbors that probably will have at least two children because the house next door is a four bedroom. I hope they are friendly and maybe even have a kid that's Jonathan's age, then he could have some new playmates. We are all so ready to move home, all in God's perfect timing I know! We are happy here but there are things we can’t wait to have, like a yard again for Jonathan to be able to play in, and maybe even a swing set. It’s exciting to think of all the things God has in store from where we go from here. I know it won’t all be easy but I know He'll provide and one way or another we will be happy. As long as we are all together as a family, we are happy. Well that's all the update for now, hope to have more to share in a few weeks! Hope you’re all doing well.

No comments: